- Festival of Quilts 2017 with the Juki Club
The Juki Club was present at this year’s Festival of Quilts in Birmingham and by all accounts it was a massive success. The club in cooperation with Juki had a booth showcasing many different home sewing machines and allowing visitors to participate in workshops over the 3 days. From seeing the familiar face to greeting new ones the Juki Club was able to reach out and talk to quilters to help share experiences and share in the buzz of the event.
Through the variety of workshops being run by the Club, visitors had a chance to:
- make a lanyard to keep your scissors handy,
- applique tea cups and saucers,
- straight line quilt clever postcards.
- play with specialty threads and fancy stitches
- sew a buttonhole wrist band
As the Juki club demonstrating machines and running workshops Juki was the proud sponsor of the 'Pictorial Quilts' competition which saw a huge amount of interest and some incredible entries this year. The winner of the award this year was Janneke de Vries-Bodzinga for her quilt ‘African Village’
To see some pictures of the event visit the Juki Club website or keep scrolling down this page.